The 2017 Little League Baseball® World Series hosts selected to represent each United States region are: (L-R): Jim Kriner & Thomas Rachael (West), Mike Lundy & Ron Frick (Southwest), Carol Zysset & Doug Alexander (Southeast), Frank Missigman (Northwest), Peter Lupacchino & Bruce Sechrist (Midwest), Lee Miller & Joe Girio (Mid-Atlantic), Dennis Loner & Lynn Datres (Great Lakes) and Mick Cioffi & Denny Logan (New England). Not pictured: Gary Weaver (Northwest).
The 16 Region Champions who come to compete at the Little League Baseball® World Series have dreams of bringing home the Championship Banner, but all of them will bring back lifelong memories of a fun, exciting experience. Assisting them throughout their time in South Williamsport, Pa., though, are a group of dedicated volunteer team hosts. These hosts were paired with their teams at the 2017 Little League Baseball World Series Luncheon on Thursday, June 15.
All 16 teams have two dedicated team hosts that are responsible for ensuring their team has everything they need during the World Series. In addition to being the team’s main liaison with their family and the Little League International staff, team hosts help keep the teams on schedule with practices and games, handle media requests, and organize outside activities.
The hosts forge a lasting bond with their players, coaches, and managers over the Little League Baseball World Series, and many stay in touch after the World Series is over.
2017 Little League Baseball World Series Team Hosts Assignments (listed in order of total years of service per team; individual years of service in parentheses):
The 2017 Little League Baseball® World Series hosts selected to represent each International region are: (L-R): Larry Missigman & George Girio (Japan), Edward Weinhoffer & Richard Smith (Latin America), Marlin Cromley & Stan Helt, Sr. (Asia-Pacific), Hess Wertz & Charles Snyder (Europe-Africa), Carol Weinhoffer (Utility/Representative drawing for Australia), Willy Weber & Dick Reitz (Canada), John Eastlake & Ron Wagner (Mexico), and Scott Metzger (Caribbean). Not pictured: Van Ransom & Mike Knight (Australia), Jeff Tompkins (Mexico) and William Castle (Caribbean).
• Asia-Pacific Region – Marlin Cromley (19), Stan Helt, Sr. (13)
• Australia Region – Mike Knight (12), Van Ransom (13)
• Canada Region – Dick Reitz (34), Willy Weber (11)
• Caribbean Region – William Castle (29), Scott Metzger (9)
• Europe and Africa Region – Hess Wertz (19), Charles Snyder (19)
• Japan Region – George Girio (30), Larry Missigman (26)
• Latin America Region – Edward Weinhoffer (32), Richard Smith (8)
• Mexico Region – John Eastlake (19), Jeff Tompkins (7)
• Great Lakes Region – Dennis Loner (19), Lynn Datres (17)
• Mid-Atlantic Region – Joe Girio (20), Lee Miller (17)
• Midwest Region – Peter Lupacchino (25), Bruce Sechrist (14)
• New England Region – Mick Cioffi (41), Denny Logan (15)
• Northwest Region – Gary Weaver (20), Frank Missigman (13)
• Southeast Region – Carol Zysset (17), Doug Alexander (13)
• Southwest Region – Ron Frick (15), Mike Lundy (9)
• West Region – Thomas Rachael (19), Jim Kriner (15)
• Carol Weinhoffer (12), Gary Mayers (9), Josh Lupacchino (5), Mike Miller (3), Chuck Deluca (3), Gary Whiteman (2), and Ryan Miller (2)
The 2017 Little League Baseball® World Series utility hosts are: (L-R): Gary Whiteman, Carol Weinhoffer, and Ryan Miller. Not pictured: Gary Mayers, Josh Lupacchino, Mike Miller, and Chuck Deluca.