Russell Athletic and Little League® today unveil the jersey designs to be worn during the 2017 Little League® World Series tournaments. The announcement comes at the start of National Little League Week, June 12-18, when Little League announces this year’s schedule and first-round pairings.
This year’s jersey features a dynamic, high-energy design, giving the illusion of movement across the garment. Similar to the three-dimensional headwear designs of carbon fiber helmets beginning to be seen in Major League Baseball®, today’s players are attracted to the jersey’s tonal, abstract pattern. Additionally, the intricate design takes advantage of modern fabric-making technology beyond what was possible with traditional wool or polyester jerseys.
Russell Athletic is once again outfitting all U.S. and international regional teams competing in this year’s seven Little League World Series baseball and softball championships, a partnership lasting nearly 40 years. Each of the regions will sport a custom design with unique color schemes, in keeping with Little League tradition.
Fans can show their team pride by purchasing replica jerseys and apparel in their favorite regional design. Jerseys are sold online through the Little League Official Store as well as on-site in South Williamsport, Pa.
“Russell Athletic has been a long-time partner with Little League Baseball and congratulates all players, both in the U.S. and internationally, on a great season,” said Matt Murphy, Senior Vice President Marketing, Russell Athletic. “We are honored to once again supply all teams at this year’s Little League World Series with best-in-class uniforms to represent the people in each region.”
In keeping with the forward-thinking design, the fabric itself is high-tech. Players benefit from the breathable, flexible and durable uniforms thanks to a decoration method called sublimation, which infuses printed elements into the fabric itself. The jerseys worn in the Little League World Series use the same performance and durability technology seen in Russell Athletic’s college and professional team uniforms.
“Each year, at the Little League Baseball and Softball World Series tournaments, boys and girls from around the world get the opportunity to showcase their sportsmanship and skills, while wearing the coolest, most innovative uniforms,” said Liz DiLullo Brown, Little League Vice President of Marketing and Communications. “Little League International is grateful for our 30-plus-year friendship with Russell Athletic and their continued support of the Little League program, which provide uniforms to more than 1,000 of athletes in seven Little League tournaments.”
• Exclusive style for the 2017 Little League World Series events
• Adult replica jerseys available for general public purchase
• Lightweight, breathable stretch fabric used by many college and professional baseball teams
• Fully sublimated decoration keeps jersey lighter and more breathable to enhance player performance
• Dynamic, high-energy design
• Custom back neck imprinting to commemorate the 2017 Little League World Series
• Custom Little League jock tag featuring the Little League motto, “Character, Courage and Loyalty”
• Custom MLB Little League Classic patch
• Performance undershirt made with Dri-Power® moisture-wicking fabric
• ¾ length sleeves
• Fully sublimated design to match jersey
In addition to the Little League Baseball World Series, Russell Athletic will provide uniforms for all Little League Baseball and Softball World Series events. Each division will sport the same uniform styles of those worn during the Little League Baseball World Series.
The additional events include:
• Senior League Baseball World Series (13-16-year-olds)
July 29 to Aug. 5 – Easley, S.C. (Easley Recreation Complex)
• Junior League Softball World Series (12-14-year-old girls)
July 30 to Aug. 5 – Kirkland, Wash. (Everest Park)
• Intermediate League (50/70) Baseball World Series (11-13-year-olds)
July 30 to Aug. 6 – Livermore, Calif. (Max Baer Park)
• Senior League Softball World Series (13-16-year-old girls)
July 31 to Aug. 6 – Lower Sussex, Del. (Lower Sussex Little League Complex)
• Little League Softball® World Series (10-12-year-old girls)
Aug. 9 to Aug. 16 – Portland, Ore. (Alpenrose Stadium)
• Junior League Baseball World Series (13-14-year-olds)
Aug. 13 to Aug. 20 – Taylor, Mich. (Heritage Park)
The tournaments conclude with the Little League Baseball® World Series Championship Game on Sunday, Aug. 27 in South Williamsport, Pa.